In addition to running a BiCon(!) I have a big task to start and hopefully complete in 2015. I need to sell my lovely flat in the sky and buy one nearer the ground so I can get in and out of it without pain. Thinking about the task has been distressing, cos I love my sky flat and have done loads of work on it to make it lovely, and because I like to admit that the knee isn't getting better. I've spent the last month or two acclimatising myself to the idea that it's going to happen, and made the first step of meeting with three estate agents. I now have a sort of list of what needs done, though it will no doubt get more detailed and have lots added to it, so I feel I can get started. It still has the capacity to be distressing, so I need to keep focussing on the positive results I could get from doing this, and also congratulate myself on everything I do towards the goal.
So the name of the project shall henceforth be Controlled Descent (I did contemplate Happy Landings as a name, but I guess I'm not that
capable of being sunny and positive)
And here's The Thing Doing List for January
- Deal with the mould on the bathroom ceiling
- Get quotes for regrouting, painting and resealing the bath and book someone to do at least the second two (regrouting only if affordable)
- Get two quotes for new vinyl in the bathroom and decide whether to go ahead with it (I may only need one quote for this unless the preferred supplier can't do it, since they were the cheapest when we did the kitchen)
- Get two quotes for window cleaning. If they differ significantly get a third.
- Continue to declutter - this is a tough one cos it's hard to know when it's done. At the moment I'm doing little and often, but I'm wondering if a big blitz will help or not.
- Keep the flat clean and mostly tidy so that I can see the benefits of decluttering and more easily imagine holding viewings etc
- Decide which estate agent to go with
- At the end of the month contact chose estate agent to get started (eek!)
Things achieved today towards these goals include
- Washing up and tidying kitchen
- Putting away dry clothes
- Tidying all the clothes and other fabricy things in the house to places where they go
- Washing clothes and hanging them out
- Making this post :-)